In order for a book foreword to give a book a substantial strategic advantage over all the other books competing for the same audience, it must be written by someone with a high level of believable credibility. And this credibility must be backed-up by a combination of objective and subjective characteristics at the same time.
What You Will Learn In This Post
1. You will learn how and why objective and subjective characteristics help a person’s credibility.
2. You will learn what some of these characteristics are.
3. You will learn some of the most important traits of a good foreword author.
In order for a book foreword to give a book a substantial strategic advantage over all the other books competing for the same audience, it must be written by someone with a high level of believable credibility. And this credibility must be backed-up by a combination of objective and subjective attributes at the same time. These elements work together, hand-in-hand, to build a person’s credibility persona. We all size up a person by analyzing and weighing all of these characteristics.
Share This Image On Your Site
Please include attribution to https://kunzonpublishing.com/ with this graphic.
What Characteristics Help Build Credibility?
1. Objective characteristics (provable facts) such as college degrees, job title, books written, achievements and awards, and membership in specific organizations, and so on.
2. Subjective characteristics (gut-feelings) such as emotional character and intelligence, how someone dresses and speaks, how likable they are, their optimism, confidence, and how they relate to an audience, and so on.
What Makes A Good Foreword Author?
Credibility. A good foreword author is someone who is considered a known, credible expert in the general topic a book is written about. This can be a well-established author in the same genre, a well-established and well-known expert, a professor or speaker teaching the same topic, or someone with significant achievements in their work or private life. And they must understand the important role a book foreword can and must play in the overall success of a book.
Established Experts Are In Great Demand
Well-established, highly accomplished, and very credible people are in great demand – by the media, other businesses, and by authors like you and me that need a book foreword. They’re also very busy with their own books, businesses, and projects. In fact, the more established a person or expert is in a field, the more likely they are getting bombarded by requests to write someone’s book foreword or provide a testimonial.
As a result, most of the requests will get turned down. For these reasons, getting one of these credible experts to write your book’s foreword will immediately make you and your book stand out from the crowd.
You must never forget that a book foreword is essentially a marketing tool for your non-fiction book. Even if the book is well written, and has an amazingly attractive cover, without credibility, the book will not achieve the critical success or financial success that you’re seeking. Therefore, it’s critical that the right person be found and convinced to write the book foreword. Then, both the book’s foreword author, and the book’s author, will benefit in many positive ways.
Questions For Us To Think About And Discuss
1. How were you able to find and convince a “highly credible person” to write your book’s foreword?
2. What advice can you give us about finding a person like this for our book?
Let me know in the comments section below.
— Chris Kennedy (@ChrisKennedy110) November 3, 2017
— Bryan Geer (@WorldFogWatch) September 24, 2017
— Joseph C. Kunz, Jr. (@jckunzjr) September 15, 2017
Hashtags: #selfpublishing #bookmarketing